Skip to main content

Dear Parents, You really want these?

The world we live in is evolving day by day, a new innovation, a new development day by day everyday. All those innovation, development requires a special skill, the skill of risk taking. If we see the present scenario of the world the people who has the ability to take steps even though there is darkness of uncertainty, they achieve a superpower to hike in the dark. From Bill gates to Steve Jobs to Elon musk they keep on putting ideologies of why there is no gain without risk. But are the parents really urging the children for taking risk? I know some of the parents( including mine) who are extremely panicky and I would like to write how their panicky behaviour affects the life of their teen offspring.

I will explain that with some of my personal experiences. So one day after the completion of my board exam of class 11 I asked my parents if I can go to Lumbini with my friend (a full disclosure::: the friend I was talking about was not an addict or a kid with bad influence, he was extremely well mannered and my parents loved him). Lumbini is even not that far from Kathmandu, but my parents said no. Why? Because they feared that a drunk man will beat us. Seriously dad? That was the reason?? I am not that much of a loser to just not go out considering the very minor possibility that a drunk man will come and beat us. But my brother is very obedient and he accepts whatever my father said to him. If my father had said the same to him what message would he get? He would have been provided the narrative that this world is very very very very very dangerous place to live in, and in every place or every situation that you are, your life is in constant danger. If you provide this narrative to your child then how can you expect him to take decisions? Because everytime he tries to take decision he sees the minor possibility of failure or mishappening and he makes that minor possibility a major possibility and he will always be scared to take the decision. And in the long run panic attack and anxiety disorder. Is that what you want your kid to be dad?

I perceive life to be all about the experience and the best way to learn is through experience especially in the teen age. We teenagers do not believe unless we experience it, we never believed that the break up hurts, and we never believed that after break up we can still live happily, we never believed that the hangover after the massive party night sucks, we never believed that our own friend makes plan in secret to beat us, we never believed it wasn’t possible to hide the truth from the school DI (Discipline Incharge) until we experienced it and those experiences made us learn lots of things and eventually changed our behaviour and turned us towards a mature living being. If you, the parents do not provide their children this opportunity to explore how can you expect them to experience? Don’t tell me that alcohol is bad because I have not seen a single life damaged due to alcohol, don't tell me that riding cycle in main road is risky because I have not experienced being up close to a bus in my cycle. Let the teen experience because he is urging to know the life and he is urging to learn the life of a mature human beings. Why do you set limits on his limitless world?

Just as I said if it was my brother, he would never question the decision of my dad and stay in the home but I am not my brother. I want to travel, so I will travel. And how is that possible? By lying to my parents. Then the chain of lies starts. I will not have honest communications with my parents, all conversation will be made one. I will not even respect my own parents, instead of believing them as the one for my security and my wellbeing, I will start considering them as my enemy who is against every decision that I make. Is that what you want mom?

Please people don’t reject the child’s wish of experiencing. Even though there is uncertainty in the actions, let the child enroll the uncertainty to draw his own conclusion. Parenting is not only spending money on the kid’s health, education, food it is also how you talk to your kid, how you appreciate the kid’s achievement, respecting your child’s decision. Those things are what determines the relation, a consummatory one or an emotional one..

My humble request to every parents out there, the only way to have a fruit full and emotional relation with your children is to project light in the darkness but not to explain the dark. If you want me to be a mature human being you shouldn’t be the fence on the path to maturity, if you want me to take right decision you need to provide me the freedom to get hit by the bad decisions otherwise I will be a man with an experience of a baby who regrets his whole life because he never took the risk of leaving his parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing the employees of Linus Media Group.

I am a huge fan of Linus Media group and I have been watching it’s channel for 3 to 4 years. I think I know the personality of every employee of that company because they have got the dedicated vlogging channel where we get to see the inside of LMG. So in this blog I will be talking about the employees of LMG, what I feel about them. Or simply I will be analyzing them or rate them. Employees That I do not Care if Linus Fires them: JAMES STRIEB He is a man that I think is unqualified to be in LMG because I do not know what he does( expect arranging little things in Roast and reading the scripts that the writers give to him), you may say “He reads scripts and has presentation” , well yes but there is nothing exceptional in those presentation compared to other’s presentation. And I feel that he is a man with little less knowledge in field of technology compared to his counterparts. You can see that in videos like the scrapyard 8  where he comments like “Why don’t we just buy th

We Nepalese hate Indians but we shouldn't.

Almost every single person from Kathmandu has anti-Indian feelings in them. Here, in Kathmandu nobody likes Narendra Modi, everybody hates the Indian politicians especially Modi. Well, yeah India has been troubling us from a long time. It conducted blockade for almost every products such as petroleum, foods, cooking gas and other accessories for two times, it has always been interfering with the internal politics of Nepal from a long time and I think it has sometimes even manipulated the leaders of our country to make some decisions proposed by India, it has been pushing its border towards Nepal making the territory of Nepal smaller and smaller. These are only a small fraction of reasons why we Nepali don’t like Indian politicians, which has eventually caused us to hate India as a whole. But we shouldn’t and here’s why. The economic situation in our country is worsening day by day. We are in trade deficit from ages. We are in 45.97% loss compared to previous year in trade. We h

How 17 year old Nepali Blogger used LMG to gain 2200+ views in a night?

On May 20 I posted a blog titled “ Reviewing Employees of Linus Tech Tips ” and it got 2200+ views overnight.  Context: I am a blogger( very small blogger actually). Before that post the highest viewed blog of mine was Dear Narad sir which had 148 views( till the time I am writing this blog). My average views per post was 28 and I have total 23 article in my blog. Well, all these things changed once I posted “Reviewing Employees of Linus Tech Tips”. How did I really get those views overnight? It didn’t only depend on the content that I posted but also on the techniques that I used to gain more views. I have listed them all down below as step by step process. Step 1 My first 21 blogs only got an average of 23 views per post. I tried to find the reason why I didn't get the amount of views I needed? It was a simple reason “Nobody wants to know about me.” So, who would the audience want to know about then? Some celebrities? Some sportsman? Some leaders right? Then I figured that a lot